Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One Hundred Years Of Solitude


A couple of months ago I did a commission for my market neighbour, Pern. She sells beautiful old frames and other antique decorative items.
This is sort of a portrait of her with elements from one of her favourite books; One Hundred Years Of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I had never read the book before and I have to say, the amount of surreal visual detail caused me to drift into elaborate day dreams taking my attention off of the book a few times, but ultimately the book was very inspirational.  My favourite visual element of the book was the cup of water containing an old pair of dentures that had remained in the house for so long it started to sprout plants and so obviously I had to include it somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment